Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Xanadu Collection Part A: Gene Kelly

I just finished the first part of my skirt collection assignment, The Xanadu Collection.


The whole collection is based and inspired by the movie Xanadu.


In it a muse inspires both an artist from the Deco Era and one from the 1980’s.


The first part of my assignment is 3 evening/ cocktail skirts with a Deco influence.


The second part will be 3 day/cocktail skirts with an 80’s /punk/new wave flavour.


They all had to be in different fabrics.


For the evening ones, these ones I picked velvet, chiffon over satin , satin and chiffon over air, and satin.


I based my looks on the work of Poiret, Desses, Madeleine Vionnet and Adrian.


My models were loosely based on Louise Brooks, Veronica Lake and a young Joan Crawford.


One of the striking things about Xanadu are the colours. They are all the colours that I picked for my collections, pinks, fushias, purples, silvers, and zebra print...


So here are the photos...









I hope you like them....


It is pretty cohesive, I think...



No comments: