Sunday, April 20, 2008

Research For Collection: Sweeney Todd

This is some of the stuff that I have researched for my collection. I had to hit the ground running so I picked Sweeney Todd.
I found a lot of paintings from the Victorian Era, Colleen Atwood's sketches for the movie costumes, photos of period reproductions and movie photo stills.
I also found an interview on YouTube with Colleen Atwood ( the movie's costume designer) that goes a little into her process.
I am not using the costumes verbatim at all.
I am just using certain elements, silhouettes and a bit of the colour story to develop a denim-based "contemporary" edgy collection with a Sweeney Todd Victorian Gothic flavour including t-shirts. Something like a slightly more sophisticated and grown up Thomas Wylde that would work for women 25+ and with a variety of figures and would go from work to casual-dressey evening for the woman who is not a skanky teen but who has spunk and edge ...
Fabric swatches



















































No comments: