Friday, April 18, 2008

Help Me Pick The Theme For My Collection :-)

I need to start working on my full collection for my final project.


I have to produce 5 figures, 10 garments and its corresponding back and front flats, a colour story and swatches, a cohesive collections and have a theme...


She gave us categories and I am between 3 of those and I have a couple of options for some of those categories...


The categories I am picking from are


1) Movies


2) City


3) Work of arts



And for those my choices are


Movies


1) Sweeney Todd







2) Velvet Goldmine







3) Rocky Horror Picture Show







4) Frida








Cities


1) Port au Prince, Haiti


Image:PortAuPrincePacot.jpg


Image:Papcathedrale.jpg


Image:PortAuPrinceTapTap.jpg


2) Hamburgh, Germany


Image:Binnenalster am Abend.jpg


Image:Hamburg Jungfernstieg (1890-1900).jpg


3) Havana, Cuba


Image:Havanna hafen.jpg


Image:Paseo de Prado, Havana.jpg


Image:Cuban Ministry of Interior.jpg


4) London, UK: Victorian/Edwardian or Punk


Works of art


1) Jean Michel Basquiat: In Italian


Jean-Michel Basquiat: In Italian


2) Jean Michel Basquiat : History of Black People


basquiat history of black people triptych


Wilfredo Lam: Femme Cheval


4 comments:

tehkou said...

Frida! Havana! Italian!

Milla said...

Ok...coolness I am tabulating the votes and seeing what I have in my fabric cupboard as far as swatches that would work with each theme and colour story...I am going to the costume shop at the University to dip into their swatch volt too.
When i post the sketches it with be a reveal surprise and see what was the theme I decided on...
Hugs,
Milla

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.