Friday, April 18, 2008

The Xanadu Collection Gets an A: Milla IS a Fashion Designer

I wanted to let you all know that I got back my graded midterm, the Xanadu Collection that I posted last week.

I got an A with mostly positive comments and a couple of comments on my colours, folds and technique and my raunchy flats but mostly it is all good.

I am happy because the teacher is SUPER strict and merciless and very perfectionistic and this is my first A and she does not hand them generously.

I am VERY happy and proud of myself because I am insecure of my ability. I mean I know I have something inside of me but I do not know if it is real talent or just me loving myself. People have been so rough on me my whole life that I have had no one but myself to cheer me on.

Basically, I have been told my whole life that I am smart but that I somehow suck. My last job was the first time in my life I felt successful at the science thing and now that I earnt an A fair and square through hard work and imagination and talent, I feel like I am on the right track.

Designing makes me very happy. Sewing not so much. But when I design I come alive and filled with joy and fulfilled and I don't care about all the hard work. I want to bring the magic that has been living in my heart with all the love, the happiness, the rebelliousness , the weirdness and the music in me and turn it into clothes that make people feel amazing and allow them to express their individuality. People of all sizes and ages that feel that what is in the market just does not speak to who they are.

Now, I can feel I am a fashion designer :-)

Love,

Milla X

No comments: