Thursday, February 7, 2008

Blogging PR@ NY Fashion Week: Under My Umbrella-Malan Breton A/W 08

Every one knows how much I love and admire Malan Breton and how highly I think of him both as a human being and as a designer.


So it is not suprising that I was waiting like a child on xmas eve to see his show for A/W 08 at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.


I am so proud of Malan and I could no be happier for all his success.


His collection for automn/ winter 08 inspired by Catherine Deneuve films of the 60's such as "Les Parapluies de Cherbourg" and "Belle de Jour" was exquisite and although sober, had touches of colour and beauty that lent it the characteristic Malan Breton glamour, refinement and that deliciously retro ethos that we have come to expect from Malan.


I was incredibly surprised by the beauty of his tailored pieces and as usual, some of my favourite items were his beautiful pants. This man is making even better pants than Marc Jacobs and Stella McCartney.


What I love most about Malan's clothes is that they would look good on a variety of figures and shapes and that they would be beautiful on a woman of any age. His clothes are instant classics.


So here are my favorite pieces from his collection:


I absolutely LOVED this coat. The tailoring was immaculate and the winter white is absolutely classic.


1



I also loved this winter white Audrey Hepburn-esque dress. It should be gorgeous on anyone with an hourglass figure and I can just see it under a classic trench and accesorized with an Hermes scarf.

3


This next look really reminds me of old-time East Coast socialites , you know the ladies that keep Valentino and Oscar de la Renta and Carolina Herrera in business. I have some beautiful "age appropriate" clothes like that, mostly Carmen Marc Valvo, but this would be a gorgeous addition and red is lovely on me:

12


I also really liked this jacket ( jackets and coats are always my favourites because the work that goes in them is brutal) . The color is rich and sumptous and the collar beautiful and very sophisticated.

I would love to wear this coat with a satin tuxedo pant:

8

And I loved these red pants with a beautiful cream organza blouse. These would be perfect for an embassy reception. I need to start going to those things again...

2

Maybe with this coat??? And a Chanel scarf?

10

The only piece in the collection that I was not completely in love with was the closing dress

17

Mostly because it was so tight on the bottom and too long on the model that she had a really hard time walking and that took away from the dress and the work that went into it.

Here is the rest of the collection.:


4


5



6

7


9

11


13

14


15

16

As I said, sober, luxurious, elegant and beautiful.

I am ever so proud of Malan and I would wear any of his covetable and classic clothes anytime.

Here is the video of the show and the song they reminded me of too...











No comments: