Monday, March 3, 2008

Living La Vida Fabulous: LA Shopping Edition

I was in Hollywood this weekend and left after my sketching class.


Here is a new sketch I did... We were practicing faces. I was inspired by two of my favourite models, Jaslene from ANTM and my friend Marilinda, who was on Project Runway last season.



I like it...


We went to LA for the Miguel Bose concert and also went shopping to my favourite stores on Melrose and Robertson St.


We went to all the Kitson's and here is some of the stuff I loved...


I got this Kidada for Disney Couture bracelet for my Saffi since she LOVES Tinkerbell



I also loved this pill necklace by Andrew Hamilton Crawford.. I think it was really ironic and appropriate for me...



I also went gaga for these t-shirts...


I love Chicano art so this Lovely Vandal t-shirt for Something Sacred was a natural...



As well as this Kitson Voodoo Lounge one, considering by love life...



This A.V Max bracelet also caught my eye...for obvious reasons.



Then we headed to the stores on Melrose. Here is a picture of me at the window of the Tarina Tarantino store in a Vivienne Westwood for Liberty t-shirt, Keenan Dufty jacket and Ed Hardy hat with Topshop jewelry and not a stitch of make-up...



Keenan Dufty is another one of those brilliant East London, Central St. Martins graduate designers who does amazing rock and roll-inspired clothing. He does a line for Target... Pretty fierce, no?


We also went to the Marc by Marc Jacobs store which is awesome, because you can score rare Marc Jacobs items for super cheap...like for a buck.


Here is some of the stuff I loved. I get these pics on eBay because the bloody Marc Jacobs site is bloody Flash based... That program BLOWS.


Dita Von Teese T-shirt..



Tie-dyed umbrella



Fashion Week Promotional Item Bag



I also loved these rings...





I saw two amazing pairs of earrings at Tarina Tarantino that I am madly in love with ....


The Gothic Lolita Earrings



And the Kokeshi Doll earrings...




There were a couple of AMAZING t-shirts we saw at the Christian Audigier store..


The thing is they "copyright" their online images so they are sheer out-of-luck for the pimp...


The service at the Christian Audigier store SUCKED. The sales people were complete assholes and one of the girls kicked out my friend who was trying on shirts of his dressing room, so an old rich-looking Hollywood, not- aware -of- his- age- and- how -ridiculous -he -looked-dude could use it.


She literaly took my friend's clothes aout of the dressing room and told him he was going to have to wait for the old, demanding asswipe.


Well, I feel bad for her, specially if they wanted good, free PR and a nice chunky comission. Particularly since half of the fashion industry now reads this blog.


It pays off to be nice to the Milla and her homeys...


Then we came back to San Diego for the second leg of the Miguel Bose tour .


Here is a picture of the concert...



We had better seats in LA :-)





No comments: