Sunday, March 30, 2008

Edgy Plus Size Fashion: Ditto For House of Holland

Scalding hot and straight from London...


One of my favourite designer labels and designers ,House of Holland by Henry Holland, and one of my favourite plus size icons, the fierce Ms. Beth "Force of Nature" Ditto, might be collaborating and joining forces on a fashion line.


I have LOVED everything I have seen coming out of Henry Holland’s hilarious and subversive mind, and I have been championing his cause for a couple of years. I own his sold-out fashion in-joke "Do Me Daily Christopher Bailey" T -shirt and it is one of my most prized pieces.



He also recently appeared presenting a challenge based on vintage clothing and as a judge on the UK-Project Runway franchise, Project Catwalk.


Henry_holland150


Henry’s latest collection during London Fashion Week was as expected full of punk rock-fierce, tartan-lovely clothes and some sweet, sweet pieces embossed with the House of Holland crest that would be amazing on any on us curvy girls. I specially loved this t-shirt dress that totally reminds me of a Camp Beverly Hills one I got at Saks in Beverly Hills, that I used to rock as a too -ironic statement as a goth fine arts freak at TCU. This one, I am getting as soon as I can get my grubby little hands on and I have my baby sis in London ready to pounce on it for me...



Well, turns out the fabulous, flawless, and fierce Ms. Ditto, who turned down collaborations with famed UK high street forces TopShop, who has done ranges with celebrity designers including Kate Moss, and New Look who did ranges with both Giles Deacon and Lilly Allen because they refused to make clothes for plus size women, might be collaborating on a line with Henry Holland and knowing Beth, obviously this line would include larger sizes ..HURRAY!


Recently Holland said that:


"In terms of collaborating, I absolutely love Beth Ditto," Henry revealed at the Fash Bash party he hosted at Mo*vida.


Beth, 27, is a self-proclaimed "fat, feminist lesbian" but is also a style icon. the Ditto Diffusion range will undoubtedly include spectacularly short dresses, plenty of spandex and flashing flesh.


Beth was also seen wearing Holland’s infamous and iconic catsuit at a party in London...




Absolutely righteous, fabulous and affirming!


I cannot wait to see and buy every piece of this history-making collection and I think it’s an idea whose time as come.


This is EXACTLY the kind of plus size fashion that is needed in the market.


Fashion that makes NO APOLOGIES.


Vive Beth and Vive La Revolution!



No comments: