Thursday, October 29, 2009

'Tis The Season for Cool T-shirts ... Fa La La La La

Being that I am of the dark love persuasion, this is my favorite time of the year. It is even made better because here in Atlanta, Pride is celebrated Halloween weekend. So this upcoming weekend is like my birthday and Christmas all rolled into one. Plus, I have been reading the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris and Kelly Armstrong's "Otherworld" books. And right now I am very much in a vamp and werewolf frame of mind...Cannot wait to see who they cast as Alcide in "True Blood" next season.
I love t-shirts because it's the simplest and easiest way to add punch to an outfit, you can dress them up or down or transform them in a billion different ways. Put a cardigan on and you have casual. Leather jacket and you go rockalicious. Tux jacket and you are ready for an evening out. A t-shirt can immediately tell the world what you feel, think or love. The t-shirt is an intrinsically democratic garment. They are affordable (unless you go Lanvin or Chanel). They are easy to care for. They look good on everybody and cotton jersey feels good against your skin and breathes.
I <3 t-shirts!
This time of the year really awesome ones can be found... And with the au courrant love for all things supernatural (I was born to love them. I was named after "Carmilla", Sheridan Le Fanu's sapphic vampire tale. My Dad was so Goth I am amazed my name is not Lenore or Annabelle Lee) the goodies are plentiful.
I was checking out the Torrid website and found so many cool ones I can't even pick...













Are ready for this weekend yet? You can find all these t's at Torrid.com

No comments: