Friday, September 21, 2007

Beth Ditto in British Vogue





I went for my weekly trip to the mall.
I went mainly to pay my tabs ( it's fitting that I liken my vice to alcoholism) and to get my eyebrows done at the Benefit Brow Bar.
I went to the Neiman's to pick up the stuff that I had selected at the pre-sale. Pre-sale is when they let people who shop there a lot pre-shop and get the best selection of the stuff that is going on sale. Since big sizes are the first to go, It comes handy.
Mainly just plain t-shirts, DKNY Pure and Three Dots and Ralph Lauren Black Label ( yes, he does XL) to replace all the ones I have that are stained and what not and I also got a pair of Marc by Marc Jacobs Birkenstocks that match all the prints in all my Marc Jacobs stuff.
I stop by the bookstore usually to check out the British Fashion Rags. The Holy Trinity: Vogue, Elle and InStyle. I do so accompanied by a refreshing glass of virgin Mojito from D'Lush (http://www.dlush.com/)
I was highly engrossed and delighted at seeing one of my favorite new labels, House of Holland (also one of my myspace friends) and their rocking t-shirts.

They are so hot they smoke :-) For the non-fashion obsessed Giles Deacon is like the hottest thing to come out of British Fashion since like Alexander McQueen and Hedi Slimane is the guy who because of his immaculate tailoring got women wearing Dior Homme.

God... I am so tragically ahead of the fashion curve...lol
Last week I also scored a Doo-Ri Chung (winner of the CDFA) dress for the sold out collection for the Gap that she, Thakoon and Rodarte did. There are pieces out there in an XXL (aka size 20!!!!!)
I got the belted shirt dress: (Middle dress, on Jaquetta Wheeler) in an impossible to find XL. They are very drapey and roomy so, it rocks... It pretty much was the only age -appropriate and flattering- to- my -body- piece in the collection...

To my even bigger delight, as I progressed through the volume, they had a piece on hot women on the UK music scene...
Guess who was on it looking fierce in a gold Giles Deacon dress??? Miss Beth Ditto!!!!

I was so happy.. the interview remarks from the reporter were kind of dumb with stuff like " She does not apologize for her size" ( WHY THE HELL SHOULD SHE, AND MOREOVER WHY IS IT SO SURPRISING????) and that some of her body parts were "pillowy" (like she can go straight to hell, from both Beth and me). Beth looks like a queen.

No comments: